Frequently Asked Questions regarding the new 3d/CGL Partnership
Why did Common Goal decide to join with 3d Lacrosse (3d Step)
- As noted in our member communication, 3d approached us regarding interest in our organization and presented consideration of a partnership. As 3d is a nationally recognized and successfully lacrosse organization it was viewed a great opportunity.
Is this considered a purchase of the Common Goal organization?
- No, we are joining forces with 3d. The new organization will be a subsidiary of 3 step. Many other clubs exist under the 3d/3 Step organizational umbrella. There is no purchase of assets or monetary gain involved. We are folding our club into their organization in partnership agreement to proceed functioning as part of 3d/3 step.
Will CGL coaches stay the same?
- Yes. All coaches currently assigned to CGL teams will be retained to continue forward.
Will there be a change in cost?
- There are no plans to change the rates for the 2021 season but, as we have seen, unforeseen factors may occur that impact the pricing model.
What happens to the credit from the cancelled 2020 Summer Season due to the virus?
- The credit and applicable details that were communicated will be continue to be honored as part of the new partnership.
Does this affect the tryouts?
- No. Tryouts will be conducted as planned for Sunday, September 20th. Resources from both CGL and 3d will be involved in managing tryouts.
Does this affect the Fall schedule?
- There are no plans to change any of the intended tournaments for the Fall 2020 season. The ability to conduct a Fall 2020 Season any attendance to planned tournaments is also dependent on CDC, State, Local and US Lacrosse guidance regarding the Covid-19 virus.
We just received new CGL uniforms. Will we have to purchase new uniforms for the 2021 season if my daughter continues to be part of her current team?
- As CGL/3d work to define the “new look” for the partnership, we expect to continue with the existing uniforms through the near future.
Who can I submit additional questions to regarding 3d and this partnership?
- As noted in our communication you may reach out to the following individuals
Kristin Paolini – Manager, 3d Common Goal,
Dave Dobbins – Director, 3d Upstate,
Sean Fox – 3STEP Sports LLC/3d Lacrosse,